Wednesday 16 March 2011

vonnegut makes me bust a gut
kurt vonnegut is absolutely hilarious in my opinion
throughout the novel, his voice never changes
it just seems that for about 200 pages he just talks in the same monotone voice
there's nothing wrong with that, i mean i like it very much
the reason i find him so amusing is that he'll crack a dark joke without skipping a beat
he just says it and moves on
vonnegut does not emphasize his wit and he does not wait around for the reader to get the joke
and thats how i like my humor


ive been frantically trying to find an example from the book, but for the life of me i cant
i feel silly but i think we have discussed vonnegut's dark humor enough in class
perhaps its a given that vonnegut has a twisted sense of humor and perhaps i dont need to justify it
mhmmmm yes thats it...

now anybody that knows me well should know i have a different sense of humor
i find it very amusing to look at someone, tell them something terrible, and observe their reaction
i make inside jokes with myself and i chuckle to myself all the time
vonnegut and i share that sense of humor and thats probably why i find him so funny
just the idea of saying 'the plane crashed... everybody was killed but billy...[meanwhile] his wife died' with an expression-less face makes me laugh
i know that most people cant fathom why anyone might laugh at something like that, but vonnegut and i think alike
this novel was a pleasure to read because it was so amusing to me
vonnegut has a way of writing that i can relate to and that makes me laugh
and of course dont get me wrong i still laugh at most things
knock knock jokes, puns, dirty jokes, family guy, slapstick comedy, you name it, whatever it is ill probably laugh
unless its not funny.






- jakevin

No comments:

Post a Comment